Friday 15 July 2011

Twitter

Before this Thing, not only did I have no desire to join Twitter, I actively disliked it.I thought that there was such as thing as too much sharing and that Twitter epitomised this meme.

Having joined Twitter, I cannot say that I have changed my mind, although in all fairness I did not get far enough to give it a fighting chance: having signed up, chosen my details and added #CPD23 to follow, I clicked on a few random tweets as proffered by Twitter when I listed my first interest as 'books.' Just reading the first few inane, banal posts was enough to discourage me from becoming a part of Twitter and I subsequently deactivated my account.

I do not want to persevere with Twitter: the whole point of this programme is to give professionals tools to enable to work at a better level and I do not feel that Twitter would help me do this. Although this reaction may be a little 'kneejerk,'  I feel I ought to trust my own instinct. Perhaps Twitter is an acquired taste and  if I come back to it later I will feel more open to the whole experience.