Wednesday 6 July 2011

Thing 3

This I think is something that would be really useful to start thinking about; although I am only one of 2 people in the UK with my name (according to Google) there are 3 webpages that contain meaningful content about me and these are not related to anything professional. Therefore if I am to build a consistent and consolidated image on the web, here would probably be the best place to start.

However, I' not sure I agree that I want my image on the web to be identical to the image that people see when they meet me in person. I am happy for one to compliment the other when people are aware that both images are 'me,' but I'm not sure that I want my web presence to act as a mirror to my whole person - unlike Jo I do not want to be 'profersonal' in my professional life.

It looks as though I disagree with the concept of the 'branding' of a person, at least when the brand is a mixture of  the personal and professional. However, I have yet to read the information provided for Thing 3 on the CPD23 website so maybe I will change my mind!