Tuesday 12 July 2011

Thing 3 - name used

So having looked at only the information given in the CPD23 homepage, I've come to view my post below as  a little too narrow minded. Although I stand by what I said, i.e. that I am not willing to create a holistic brand for myself, I have come to interpret the term 'brand' differently and think that I can apply and utilise one for myself without having to expose myself online.

Although my blog title is a bit naff, I am happy that it reflects what the blog is intended for and shows in an instant its main content. I am also happy that the title it is not particularly personal; if personality is imprinted on the blog, it is through posts and comments and pictures . This way, those people that associate this blog with the 'real' me are only those who I have shared this information with - it will not come up on a Google search.

I think if I was a more experienced blogger, or more confident in my blogging skills then I would perhaps use my name as the title, but I'm not sure that I'm happy for the entire online community, particularly those of a professional standing, to be able to associate this blog with me! Not particularly helpful in a professional capacity I know, but perhaps this is only a stepping stone towards my flourishing blogging career!