Friday 15 July 2011

RSS feeds

This I think was the most surprisingly rewarding part of Thing 4.  I have successfully managed to add a couple of feeds to my RSS reader in Outlook in about 5 minutes - not a particularly dazzling achievement, but given the way my CPD23 programme has so far been littered with technical hurdles, I'm currently enjoying a slightly disproportionate sense of self-worth!

Bringing myself back down to earth, I can't believe I didn't think of adding my colleagues blogs to my reader when I started the programme -  my team ones are already there so it makes perfect sense. However, when I tried to do this, I discovered that I can't create RSS feeds where one doesn't already exist and therefore Shannon's RSS feed of all CPD23 participants should be really useful. I can't see my own blog posts on it though, so am I right in thinking that the list is incomplete?

Anyway, I'm planning on adding more feeds as and when I discover anything that might be useful to my work.  I'll treat adding RSS as a continuing exercise, probably starting by looking at those ones recommended by the CPD23 blog.